Solve Error -6144,-103 Or -6144, 0 While Access QB Company File.
When updating your files to a newer version or restoring a backup or opening a file over a network in multi user mode you come across this error message.
Possible Reasons For This Error To Come:-
This type of error came when the .ND file has an incorrect path or the window user account used by QuickBooks data manager is damaged.
When You Are Opening Your Company Files Over The Network:-
This means you are opening the files on the server or on another computer.
- Check the hosting option is turned on in all workstations.
- Rename the .ND and .TLG files and restart.
- Open a sample file which is locally stored on a workstation.
- Try to open the company files locally.
- Manually check the folder permission.
- Configure all the firewall ports.
- Restarts the computer and then opens the QuickBooks.
When You Are Opening Your Company Files Locally:-
This means that you are open the company files which is stored on your computer
- The .ND files and .TLG files should be renamed
- Open a sample company files
- Copy your QuickBooks Company file on the desktop
- Use ADR to restore your backup which you have saved on your desktop a
- Close the QuickBooks and then restart the computer and then again open the QuickBooks.