How to Solve QuickBooks Error 6129 ?
While working on QuickBooks users sometimes encounter error 6129. The error can cause several problems in the software, so it is important for users to resolve this error immediately.
There are several reasons why you're facing 6129 error:
- 6129 occurs due to antivirus; maybe when you built the new record your antivirus was operating
- The company data has been damaged or corrupted
- You were using the old version of QuickBooks, and if you refreshed your file without the login details of the administrator, you'd face this error.
- DNS server doesn't match.
There are few ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 6129:
In this article, you'll find solutions which will help you to fix 6129 error. Follow the article in a sequence to get the maximum benefit.
Solution 1: Update your Company Data File to remove the error.
First off, recognize the issues. It can happen that the error is occurring due to company documents. Open the new company file to make sure this error is not appearing with each file. Access your administration and upload your file to the software.
- If you see, "Easy-Step Interview" window, leave it.
- If a pop up occurs, "Spare the documents," click on Yes.
- Save your document with different name and save.
Solution 3: Turn off the antivirus, if you're using the safe mode on windows.
- Change your system to secure mode.
- Reboot your system.
- Turn off the Antivirus, if it is running.
- Make a new company data file.
- Once again restart your system.
- Now, start QuickBooks and run your company file.
Solution 4: Rename the network record of QuickBooks
- Go to your hard drive and locate them .ND files.
- Find the QuickBooks Network Descriptor and right click on it and change its name.
- You can write.OLD kind of name to your end of the file. For Instance: name.qb.nd.old.
- Now scan your folders.
- Go to Database of Server Manager, you'll find it under the QuickBooks option.
- Choose the folder you want to add in the scanning process.
- Click on Scan.
- It will resolve the issues.
Solution 5: Change the User mode of QuickBooks
If you're using Multi-user mode, change it to the single-user mode.
- Open the company file in the QuickBooks.
- Pick one file and choose the Single-user mode.
- Go to the Utilities < File.
- Stop the hosting of Multi-user.
- Change it to the single-user mode.
- Close the window.